Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Random Thoughts for a Wednesday Afternoon

It’s a ritual on my other blog, so, rather than try to write up a long, drawn-out post I thought I would alter the title slightly and do it here on my personal blog.

Random Thoughts for a Wednesday Afternoon.

  • Like Matthew, I received some good blogging info today. www.Dadbloggers.com has offered me the chance to join them as a regular contributor. My first post on the site should appear February 23rd. Yay for me.
  • I watched War of the Worlds last night. I came away from the movie with one question… How the HELL does Dakota Fanning keep getting work?
  • Does anyone really care if Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes break up?
  • I am officially sick of the Olympics. Not so much the events, but the damn ‘human-interest’ angles. There is only so much ‘I want to win for [insert family member here]’ that one person can take.
  • Is there really a market for Season One (or any season for that matter) of ‘Growing Pains’ on DVD? And if there is, should these people be allowed to procreate?
  • Repeat the above thought but substitute “Gimme a Break’ for ‘Growing Pains’
  • Will Dick “Dead Eye” Cheney now have trouble finding hunting partners?
  • To Kill a Mockingbird should be required reading (and viewing) for every high school student in the country.
  • To be honest, the winner of Best in Show is… kind of ugly.
  • Is it just me or does a Bull Terrier’s head look like an egg?
  • It’s obvious to me, but apparently not to others, that we'd all be a lot happier if we just came to grips with the fact that the Internet will, one day, offend us all. This columnist agrees.
  • There’s a new game for baby boomers that will predict whether they will die within the next five years with 81% accuracy. That should make for some interesting early-bird dinner conversations shouldn’t it?
  • The other blog I post on got over 500 visits on Monday. Our previous high was 133. All I can say to that is 'Holy Flurking Schnit.'
  • How badly would the question; ‘In the future, do you plan to go on any hunting excursions with VP Dick Cheney?’ skew the results?
  • And to think, when I woke up this morning I had no idea that I would see the words 'flamingo cup' and 'toilet' appear in the same sentence.

That's all I got...

4 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

And to think that I was hoping for the day when I could think of "flamingo cup" WITHOUT thinking about the toile.

Pete said...

them some damn random thoughts there my friend.....well done!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that dog was sorta fugly, wasn't it? Like they opened it up to aliens or something. Maybe Dino can compete next year.

I am going to pretend that I did not hear you saying Gimme a Break and Growing Pains were on DVD. I may hurl

Kemp said...

Sorry Croutonboy, I wasn't making it up. They were both released on Tuesday.

I have to really like a TV show in order to buy a complete season on DVD. As of now, I have The Complete Fawlty Towers, The Simpsons seasons 1,2 & 3, and The West Wing seasons 1,2,3&4.

Who is the market for these two shows? What's next? Saved by the B--, wait, that is available...uh, Doogie How- wait, that's available as well...

Never mind. I'll stop my ranting now.