Time to reach into the official “Kemp’s Blog Mailbag” and answer some e-mail/comment questions…
- Becky asked: “What does Kemp mean?”
First of all let me clear up the misconception that it’s short for anything; it’s not (you would not believe how many people ask me that question – so I though I would take the preemptive measure of getting that out of the way). Kemp (originally a surname) is a family name of Celtic/Gaelic origin that stands for “Warrior and Champion”. So my first name is Celtic, my middle name is Armenian and my surname is Spanish… figure that one out…
- Becky also asked: “Besides sausages, what's your favorite dish to cook?”
I love making my special bar-b-que ribs. I start with my “special” dry-rub, and then splash on my secret sauce. Also Spanish Tortilla, Toasted Raviolli and my Abuela’s Arroz con Pollo.
- Becky then asked: “Do you bake?”
Technically, yes. If she had asked if I bake well, I would have to alter my answer a smidge…
- And finally Becky asked: “Was I only supposed to ask one question?
Matters not one whit how many question you ask…
- Samantha Jo asks “If you were to be a Sesame Street character, who would you be and why?”
Well, most people would say Oscar the Grouch because, at times, I can be a bit of a grouch – but nowhere near the grouch that my brother is… any-hoo… I would have to say Grover. Why? Because he can do anything… he’s smart, fearless (Super Grover!), eloquent and erudite, and he is a direct descendent of Yoda… at least in my mind he is seeing as how they both were/are brought to life by Frank Oz… what do you think? Did I put too much thought into that?
- Sarah asks “If the PB & the J were boys, what would their names have been?”
The PB would have been Nishan Kemp (after my Uncle Nishan, who was more like a grandfather to me, and for whom I was given my middle name) and the J would have been Marshal Kemp (after one of my wife’s Uncles).
- Ronnie asked: “What other names did you consider for The PB & The J?”
The PB almost was Isabella and J was almost Maria.
- Jeanine asked: “Are you still considering ending your blog?”
As of now, no. I’ve reacquired my creative spark (on both this and TBWA) and will continue doing it until I either lose it again or the people in the black, windowless vans take me away… whichever comes first.
I enjoyed the questions. If you have any more , leave ‘em in comments or send me an email – kempsblog at gmail dot com
Thanks… and enjoy…