Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Are these the little girls I carried?

Honey Mustard had class the other night and wasn’t home yet.

The Peanut Butter and The Jelly were playing with their dolls so I quickly went down to the laundry room and got some laundry to fold... yes, I fold laundry...

I brought the laundry up, put it down near the couch and then had to put the dog outside as she was dancing a jig and I know if I didn’t put her out now, she’s piddle all over the floor.

So I put the dog out, brought her in and gave her some water. All told, about 7 minutes I was away from the laundry basket.

I go into the front room to fold it, and to my surprise, my daughters... my 4 ½ year old daughters... had folded it all.

You read that right... they folded the laundry... all of it... nicely... and had it in perfect stacks...

I remember them not being able to hold their heads up like it was yesterday... and now here they are folding laundry (and nicer than the job I can do quite frankly)...

I don’t want to sound like a schmo here... but I was amazed. I know, I know, I know... they’re getting older, there are a lot of things they can do... but it still surprised me and brought home one, simple fact that, I think, some parents tend to forget...

Time.

Flies.

Enjoy it while you can...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance they can come over here and teach The Squad how to do laundry?

Anonymous said...

wow. that's remarkable! time to teach them origami!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moses! What an eye-opener!

Too bad you weren't there to sneak a peak at them doing it together. I'm sure that would have been amazing to watch.

Amy said...

That made me teary-eyed.

I can only hope that my two will learn this skill.