Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Random Thoughts for a Wednesday

It’s Wednesday. Hump-day. Mid-week. We all know what that means. Random Thoughts for a Wednesday.

  • Today’s post is brought to you by the letter ‘M’ and by the number ‘42’
  • My Wonderlic test score was 49… never did find out which one I missed.
  • Anna Nicole Smith at the US Supreme Court? This is a fantasy of Justice Clarence Thomas isn’t it?
  • Does this really surprise anyone? Turns out that American’s know more about The Simpsons than they do about the First Amendment. Well, duh. How about you? Take this QUIZ and find out if you know about the First Amendment.
  • Confidential advice to Ms Smith; if Justice Thomas offers you a can of Coke, say ‘no thank you.’
  • One for Sarah & Becky and anyone else in the Tampa area. A Tampa Bay Storm football player was arrested because he and his girlfriend were living in Section 8 housing and paying only $20 a month. Although, is it really that bad? I mean, how much could an Arena football player actually make?? What’s that? How much? In that case, off with his head!
  • The U.S government is telling people to take sick leave and stay home if they get the bird flu. Wow, I never would have thought of that…
  • I will be participating in a family tradition this weekend. I, along with my dad, my brother, and 2 of my cousins will be getting together for our yearly family-chorizo making. Using a recipe that my Abuela brought over from Spain when she came over at the young age of 19, we butcher the hog, add the spices, mix it, put it in a grinder, encase it and let it smoke for a few days. Last year's batch was the best we had ever done and we only hope to equal that success this year. It's still 3 days away, but because last year's batch was as close to perfection as you can get, we're all excited at the prospect of besting ourselves. Of course, if it's worse, we will never speak of it again...
  • Today’s superfluous attempt for the ‘craziest phrase used in a blatant attempt to lure people to your site when they type it into Google’ is: “manute bol’s wife”… what’s that? That one’s been used? Rats. How about: “inspired looniness
  • After much thought and discussion, I’ve decided that I am running for City Alderman in my town. More info as it becomes available.
  • No gratuitous picture today, instead have a Mental iPod Song of the day: ‘Car Wash’ by Rose Royce. Why do I have this song on my iPod? Because The PB & The J love to dance to it, so I had no choice but to download it?

Ooh ooh You might not ever get rich
But let me tell ya it's better than diggin' a ditch
There ain't no tellin' who you might meet
A movie star or maybe even an Indian chief

(Workin') At the car wash
Workin' at the car wash, girl
Come on and sing it with me
(Car wash)
Sing it with the feelin' ya'all
(Car wash, girl)

Ooh! Some of the work gets kinda hard
This ain't no place to be if you planned on bein' a star
Let me tell you it's always cool
And the boss don't mind sometimes if you act the fool

At the car wash
Whoa whoa whoa whoa
Talkin' about the car wash, girl
Come on, ya'all and sing it for me
(Car wash)
Oooh oooh oooh
(Car wash, girl)

(Work and work)
Well, those cars never seem to stop coming
(Work and work)
Keep those rags and machines humming
(Work and work)
My fingers to the bone
(Work)
Can't wait till it's time to go home

(Hey, get your car washed today)
Fill up and you don't have to pay
Come on and give us a play
(Do the wash, right away)

(The car wash)
Talkin' 'bout the car wash
Car wash, girl
Come on, ya'all, let's sing it with me
(Car wash)
Sing it with feelin', ya'all
(Car wash, girl)

Whoa whoa whoa whoa
(Car wash)
Never seem to stop comin'
What'd I say
Keep those rags and machines hummin'
(Car wash)
Let me tell you, it's always cool . .

12 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

If you talk about regualr life and also about sports you get some strange hits.

I had "Manute Bol's Wife" and one f my first strange ones was "Amani Toomer's siblings".

I also get a lost of people looking for Captain Feathersword. And I had one for "Laurie Berkner nude". Perverts.

Becky said...

What's the First Amendment?

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I was thinking about that yesterday, and I know A LOT about "The Simpsons."

Becky said...

And, yeah. I'll call in sick when I get the bird flu. Yeah.

Weren't we just talking about sick days, Sarah?

Kemp said...

Becky, the First Amendment is a passing fad... at least it is according to the current presidential administraion...

sorry, I need to keep my political thoughts out of this blog and save it for my other...

Sarah, who the hell is Laurie Berkner? SHould I know this name?

What's sadder about telling people to stay home in they get the Bird Flu? The government telling us that, or people (cuz yo know someone would go into the office) needing to be told that in the first place?

Becky said...

How about a a big nudge to the companies that make themselves look good -- on paper -- with all the sick leave available, but not really?

Scott said...

And you were going to tell your COS about your decision to run for office when?

Kemp said...

Uh... actually, I thought you could be my VP, then if I get involved in a scandal, I could have you go on a hunting trip and... well, you know the drill

Becky said...

If you're running for office, you'd better start shredding, er, uh, cleaning up the blog now.

Kemp said...

I have no recollection of every having a "blog"... I don't even know what a blog is.

Becky said...

There ya go.

Anonymous said...

Homemade chorizo? Excellent, my friend. Being that you're a politically astute fellow, I'm sure you know the quote that...

"There are two things in life that you never want to see how they're actually made...sausages and Bills."