Monday, March 06, 2006

Son of a b----

104.7...

That’s what it topped out at, 104.7.

104.7 degrees Fahrenheit

That’s what my fever was Friday night when my brother and I got to my parent’s house…

That’s what my fever was when my Dad and brother left for my cousin’s house Saturday morning to make the chorizo…

That’s what my fever was when the nurse took my temperature at the Doc in the Box my mom took me to in Clayton…

High fever, cough, tightness in chest…. diagnosed as bronchitis.

Yes, I had a fever (and bronchitis) all weekend long… so I was not able to help in the annual, chorizo-making tradition.

The last time I had a fever? About 30 some years ago, younger even than The Peanut Butter and The Jelly are now.

So… needless to say, my weekend sucked moose cock.

I still feel tired, sick and exhausted, so I’m going back to bed.

5 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

That sucks.

So I'm asssuming you didn't eat any chorizo?

Kemp said...

It did suck...

The chorizo has to smoke first so it won't be ready to eat as sausage until later this week (about 4 days of smoking)...

Every year we keep a little off to the side (meaning we don't make it into sausage) and make them into patties. We has some of those last night... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!

Scott said...

Another thing to add to my next year 'to do list'.

Glad you are feeling better my friend.

Becky said...

Get better!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you alive? Just checking up. Hope you're feeling better.