Thursday, May 04, 2006

Finally!

Two years after some diehard (read: obsessed) fans ridiculed George Lucas for releasing the 2004 digitally modified versions of the celebrated “Star Wars” trilogy only; the original theatrical versions of the first three films (Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back & Episode VI: Revenge Return of the Jedi) are being released to DVD on September 12, 2006.

I liked the modified versions, and had the original trilogy in a VHS (How many readers are asking ‘what’s the hell is VHS??’) boxed set and really didn’t see any reason to get in a tither (or a lather) about the DVD release only being the modified versions.

Having said that, I am thrilled that the original versions are being released and you can BET that I will be one of the first people in my area to purchase them…

The only thing I dislike about all of this is 20th Century Fox and Lucas Films is pulling a (Evil Empire) Disney on us by only offering the DVD’s until December 31, 2006.

That’s wrong… or, in ‘Yoda-ese’; ‘Wrong, that is.”

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, but money speaks! It makes people like us be sure to run out and get it. I've been waiting to do this.