Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Goodbye

After much thought (with myself) and discussion (with others)… I am 99.98% sure that I will be ending this blog sometime this week…

The readership has dwindled to less-than-obscure levels, the amount of comments/feedback I’m getting is almost non-existent, and the amount of time I have to post is, at this moment, just not there.

Having just re-discovered my ‘groove’ and my ‘muse’, this is a hard thing for me to decide… and I’ve flirted with this before, but this time it feels like the time has come to actually pull the trigger.

Having said all of that… stranger things have happened (look who our ‘president’ is), and maybe something will happen this week that will change my mind…

Or then again... maybe nothing will...

And no, this is not an attempt to illicit comments...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be bummed, but I think you should do whatever makes you happy.

That is what makes a blog great. It is really all about you.

Becky said...

Don't listen to Sarah. Don't go. Stay. Keep posting. Please?

Anonymous said...

We need to keep more Dad Bloggers. Not less. Don't go. Or, you can always guest post on my site if you get a bug up your ass to shout about something.

Darren said...

I just found your blog recently...sorry to see you go.

But before you do, think about why you've been blogging. If it's just to blog and feels like it's taking time, then let it go. But if there's anything in it at all for you or your family, then hold onto it for awhile and see what happens.

Anonymous said...

oh no! i agree with becky.
unless the blog is an albatross around your neck. then, i understand.

but i'll miss you and your lists and your great kid stories, and your history lessons, and your lunchy family. good luck.

Anonymous said...

You can't go leave us, Kemp! PLEASE! Who else am I going to talk about Aaron Sorkin, the Cardinals and random pop culture with?

Unknown said...

Hey, I just found your blog.

I hope you keep posting, even if it's just every now and then.

Like Lance said - we need more Dad bloggers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late to the party.

Can I just ask WTF is it with everyone now that it's '07 they want to quit blogging? I fear a memo went out that I didn't get that said blogging isn't cool anymore--pass it on.

I cry over here alone at my computer.

So please don't go. Unless you hate it. Then stop. But you'll have my depression on your conscience!